the modern machine proved ______ in heart surgery.
a. high valuable b. highly valuable c. valuable high d. valuable highly
mr. johnson and his ______ daughter do not always understand each other.
a. older b. the oldest c. eldest d. the eldest
they ______ thought that the truth would be finally discovered.
a. little b. not c. small d. bit
they hardly believe that the apartment which costs them $ 4,000 is ______.
a. so small b. such little c. so little d. such small
if a claim is kept ______, it is more likely to be recognized.
a. live b. lived c. alive d. living
on his way to school he met ______, so he sent him to hospital.
a. very ill man b. much sick man c. serious ill man d. very sick man
she was operated a month ago but now she was ______.
a. very good b. very well c. healthy d. good conditioned
what i would do is to go ______.
a. really quietly somewhere b. somewhere quietly really
c. really quiet somewhere d. somewhere really quiet
the chairman asked ______ to write their questions on a piece of paper and send them to the front.
a. the present members b. the members presently
c. the members present d. the presently members
10. the price was very reasonable; i would gladly have paid ______ he asked.
a. three times much as b. three times as many as
c. as three times much as d. three times as much as
11. the trousers are ______, but tom does not care a bit.
a. too a little small b. a little too small c. a too little small d. a small too little
12. she wore a dress to the party that was far more attractive than ______.
a. other girls b. that of other girls c. the other girls d. those of other girls
13. he can play tennis better than ______ in the class.
a. any boys b. any other boy c. any boy d. any other
14. kasia is taking her ______ tour of the shops in search of bargains.
a. daily b. day c. day time d. night
15. ______ the child expresses his interest in an activity, the stronger it will become.
a. the more frequent b. the frequenter c. the more frequently d. the frequentlier
16. we’d better wait _______ , peter and tom will come very soon.
a. a little longer b. more longer c. long d. as longer
17. although the medicine tastes ______, it seems to help my condition.
a. bad b. badly c. too much bad d. too badly
18. when she got her first month salary, diana bought herself ______ dress.
a. a cotton , blue …expensive b. an expensive … blue, cotton
c. a blue, expensive … cotton d. a cotton, expensive… blue
19. the doctors have tried ______ to save the life of the wounded soldier.
a. everything possible humanly b. humanly everything possible
c. everything humanly possible d. humanly possible everything
20. i was worried very much because i’ll miss my flight if the bus arrives ______.
a. lately b. late c. latter d. more later